God is good. Thank you for your prayers up to this point. I leave in less than a week, heading out of Chicago next Tuesday, January 17th, and hoping to get into Manila on Friday, January 20th. The director of MMP (Mission Ministries Philippines) has already found a host family for me and ministry sight. Praise God. Here are a few prayer requests that you can be lifting up when you get a chance or as you're going about your day.
- Pray for safe travels and that God might provide me with opportunities even as I travel to minister to those I meet in the airport, on the plane, or in the cities I'll be having layovers in (Chicago, LA, Honolulu, Guam).
- Pray for my host family and church, that God would help them prepare for having another person in their home and congregation starting next week. Pray for their hearts and patience to receive me and mine to be humble, appreciative, and have the spirit of a learner and a servant.
- Pray that I might get a right spirit and attitude as I start language school soon after arriving in Manila. Pray that I might be able to stay focused, be diligent, and learn how to forgive myself all the many times I mess up.
- Pray that I might be able to establish a good routine soon after arriving. I will still need to find an internship sight for economic development, possibly connect with the running store, start language school, begin work with the church I'll be partnered with, etc., so this may take some time. Pray that through all of this, I might continue to seek the Lord in prayer and devotion, and love other as He loves me.
- Pray for our team: Katie, Brandon, Lindsey, and myself. That we might learn to bear with each other in our weaknesses and encourage each other in our strengths.
Thanks for your support and prayers!