Brief Bio

My photo
Quezon City, Metro-Manila, Philippines
I am a runner, pastor, sociologist, teacher, and missionary. After living in Chicago for 6 years, I discerned a call to go to Manila, Philippines to live and work among the urban poor, and combine my passions for ministry, running, and the oppressed. After serving in the Philippines in 2012 and 2013, I returned to the United States for two years to finish my dissertation, get ordained, spend time with my family, and work at a neighborhood center in Kansas City. Since then, I have been working in the Philippines with Companion With the Poor as a missionary. Each day I look forward to how God will direct my steps as I live into His work of restoring a broken world.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Intersection Cafe

After being called out a few times now for not writing a blog here since last September, I figured it'd be worth an update at least.

The newest initiative I'm working on as it relates to exchanging hope in our community is something my church (Holy Trinity Church) has been hosting now for the last few weeks that we're calling Intersection Cafe.  Intersection Cafe's goal is for the church community, neighborhood community, and guests of the Franciscan House nearby to interact/intersect for food, music, art, and relationship.




We're hoping that through the interactions and relationships built, an opportunity for transformed lives will take place. This is transformation in the lives of those in the church, those from the community, and those from the Franciscan House. Praise God that He has allowed us to begin this endevor, and pray that God may continue to bless it to further His Kingdom.

For now a tentative schedule, including the last two weeks, is as follows: (the cafe is open from 5:30-8:00pm on Friday nights, with the entertainment usually starting around 6:30pm - the location is 1211 S. Western Ave., suite 200, Chicago, IL)

Friday, 1/15 - Eric Schaeffer, Cellist & Elissa Metropolis, Pianist
Friday, 1/22 - MLK Poetry Slam
Friday, 1/29 - Worship Night (west side HTC worship band)
Friday, 2/5 - Art Night
Friday, 2/12 - Trivia Night
Friday, 2/19 - Wells Youth Gospel Choir
Friday, 2/26 - Worship Night
Friday, 3/5 - Poetry Slam
Friday, 3/12 - Concert
Friday, 3/19 - Worship Night
Friday, 3/26 - Fiesta and Salsa Dancing

If you're reading this and somewhere in Chicago, come check it out.

No comments: